Effective Date: 28 April 2021
- Definition of major terms
“Venue” refers to any user who set up a shop at a sporting venue and serves customers through Duck.
“End-user” refers to any user who uses Duck to order food and other items from the Venues.
“Personal information”, as defined under the Privacy Act of 1988 cth, is any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
“anonymised information” is any information that is without personal information which can identify you. This helps you stay anonymous. This may include situations where we gather analytics and usage information about users without identifying each user.
- Information collection
Depending on your use of Duck, we may collect personal information such as your name, phone number, email address, name and service of Venue, and payment method information. We may collect this information when users willingly provide it upon request, including when (i) users generally contact us for enquiries, (ii) a Venue registers an account or an End-user submits an order, (iii) an End-user submits their credit card information for order payment, (iv) a Venue provides their venue information during registration or as during profile setup, and (v) an End-user places an order. Users are not obligated to share this information with us; however, we may not be able to provide our services without this information.
Likewise, we will automatically collect certain information, including anonymised or non-personal information, upon users’ accesses or use of Duck. The information collected automatically may include (i) usage, analytics and log information about how users navigate around Duck, the duration of stay and the features they click, and (ii) transaction information between Venues and End-users, which contains the details of the order placed, including the amount and time of order.
Most of the information we collect automatically above is collected through Google Analytics, a third-party tracking tool provided by Google Inc. However, you may opt out of Google Analytics from tracking your behaviour on Duck if you do not want to be tracked. You may download the Google Analytics opt-out add-on to your browser. Please, be aware that when you opt out of Google Analytics, some of the functions it provides may be unavailable.
- Reasons for the information collection
We collect the above information majorly to provide our services. More detailed reasons for collecting this information include:
- To identify users and provide the services applicable to their use of Duck;
- To facilitate transaction and communication between Venues and End-users, including to take an End-user’s order and relay it to the applicable Venue;
- To process End-users’ order payments for the items purchased;
- To respond to users’ questions and queries, provide customer support, send notices about orders, and inform users of changes to our services or any features of Duck;
- To determine the effectiveness of the features available on Duck and provide improvements and upgrades where necessary;
- To keep records of transactions and comply with applicable laws;
- To monitor user violations and enforce our End-user Terms of Services and Venue Service Agreement; and
- To fulfil any other purposes disclosed at the time of collection.
- Information sharing and disclosure
- Disclosure to third-party service providers: Certain of our third-party service providers may access the personal information we share with them when they perform certain tasks on our behalf (including payment processing, email and SMS sending, data storage and web hosting). For example, when Stripe Inc. processes your payment on our behalf, they require access to your credit card information to process such payments. Please, note, however, that the third-party service providers we hire are under obligation to only use personal information for the service they perform on our behalf.
- Disclosure between users: A user may have access to another user’s information in certain circumstances, including when an End-user scans the QR code of a Venue or when a Venue is required to notify an End-user of their order. In this case, the information you provide will be the only personal information revealed about you. If you are an End-user, please note that a Venue may send you marketing SMS about their services or products (see section 5 for more).
- Disclosure to law enforcement: Law enforcement or relevant government agencies may request access to your information in response to an ongoing investigation relating to any criminal or fraudulent activity. In such a case, we will comply and grant the request – as long as it is legal. We may also disclose information to third parties if we, in our discretion, believes such disclosure will protect any of our rights or properties or the rights and properties of other users, or where we believe such disclosure will prevent activities that we consider to pose a risk or is fraudulent, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
- Disclosure under a business transfer activity: Other companies, in the event of a business transfer activity (including a merger, sale of assets, acquisition, or consolidation), may have access to personal information about you. For example, if we engage in a merger with another company, we may be required to share proprietary information with such a company.
- Disclosure to individuals within Get Duck Pty Ltd: We use employees to provide some of the services, and they may have access to your information. For example, where we employ an individual as a customer support agent.
- Disclosure to other companies during a survey, promotion or sweepstakes: We may offer promotions, surveys, sweepstakes or contests which may require you to submit registration information. Some of these activities may be sponsored by other companies, which gives them access to any registration information you submit with respect to such promotions, surveys, sweepstakes or contests.
If you use Duck as a Venue, we may send marketing emails to you in the form of newsletters. Marketing emails may contain information about products and services we think may interest you. We will keep sending you these marketing emails unless you unsubscribe from our mailing list. You have the right op-out of future marketing emails by using the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any marketing email from us.
If you use Duck as an End-user, the Venues registered on our services may send you marketing SMS to your phone number (after interacting with such Venues). You have the right to unsubscribe from receiving marketing messages from any Venue by replying with “STOP”.
- Information security
Although we give priority to your privacy, we cannot guarantee that your information will, at all time, be private (due to the nature of the internet). We do not guarantee that your information will be 100% secure at all times.
Transfers of information outside of Australia
- Third-party services and contents
- The rights you have
In relation to the information we collect and hold about you, the following rights apply to you:
- Accessing and deleting your information: Users generally have the right to access and correct the personal information previously submitted to us. Likewise, users have the right to request the deletion of their information. These rights may be exercised by sending a direct email to Get Duck Pty Ltd to email@example.com. However, certain circumstances may prevent us from granting access to correct or delete personal information about you (for example, where we are required to keep records of transactions or where you have a pending claim with us or any law enforcement).
- Contacting us